Hi Milan,

am 24.02.2015 um 11:43 schrieb Milan Crha:
> [...]
> I'm sorry, but where did you get such steps for a restore from a
> backup?
it came out of the directions on http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Evolution
(see point "Backups").

> How did you create the backup?
The file was created in and by Evolution via the menu.
It has about 1,5 GB.

> There is no way to restore the file manually the way you did it,
> because of the code doing the replacements in paths and such. There
> can be done a manual restore of certain parts of the backup file, but
> it can easily break evolution, just the same as it happened to you.
I sure know *that* by now.

Thank you very much for the enlightment - tonight, after work, I will
try to solve the problems around it and test the backup file.

Best regards

-jj-
--
Betreuungsbüro Jörg Jenetzky
Postfach 500 640 * 22706 Hamburg

Telefon: 040 - 55 77 35 50
Telefax: 040 - 55 77 35 51
Bürozeiten MO, MI, FR, 10.00 - 14.00 Uhr

GPG-Fingerprint: AEE2 190E 31AD 3823 301A 9557 1111 04F8 31B5 BD1C