Perhaps I am oversimplifying things, but it appears that the developers of
Evolution are working far ahead of those who compile the program for use with
various Linux distributions.  It also appears that if it were not for the
efforts of Fabian Tassin, I would be stuck using a very outdated version of
Evolution.  Right now, I am using 3.16.0 (Ubuntu 15.04) when I should be (if I
have interpreted the postings on this list correctly) using 3.16.3.  I would be
more than happy to try configuring (compiling?), if I had some step-by-step
instructions on how to do it.
Thank you,
John