Thanks John,

That's helpful information.  My understanding of IMAP is that either
the message header or header with message body may be downloaded.  For
a backup to be most useful, the message body should also be included.

Cron or scheduled within Evolution, automatic data backups would be a
great feature.

Also, I'd appreciate a notification when message bodies are not
available to be backed up and a configuration option to attempt
downloading missing bodies for backup.

Dennis Reichel