RSnapShot allows you to do incremental backups (using hardlinks) vs
Rsync which you would have to script to do what rsnapshot does.
Honestly, if you don't care for point-in-time backups, then just use
rsync. I use them both on a case-by-case basis.

On 09/13/15 11:19, Tom wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.09.2015, 16:55 +0100 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
>> On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 10:10 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
>>> It would be a nice addition to evolution to be able to schedule
>>> backups at a
>>> certain time each day.  I use SpiderOak for offsite backup.  If I
>>> could have
>>> evolution do this automatically, I would never lose more than a day's
>>> e-mail.
>>
>> As has been said repeatedly, the "backup" command in Evo is not
>> intended for periodic backups but for when you need to move your Evo
>> installation to another machine. For one thing, it requires Evo to be
>> running (not much use if you want to schedule it at fixed times). For
>> another, it doesn't do incremental backups but takes a complete
>> snapshot every time. This is almost never what you want in a production
>> context. Use a real backup system, of which there are many in Linux (I
>> use rsnapshot to a local (...)
>
> Hoping not to go too far OT, but what's the advantage over rsync in this
> context ?

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or
urgent health care matters.