On Mon, 2016-09-05 at 11:11 +0200, Torsten Krah wrote:
> evolution                                             3.10.4-0ubuntu2
evolution-ews                                         3.10.2-0ubuntu2

from ubuntus lucid lts distribution.

        Hi,
I suggest to update to a  distribution which provides more recent
evolution.

> (did not yet had time to read the ews specs about time zones and
> utc conversions for appointments...

The evolution 3.10.4 had been released on 2014-02-10, which is more
than two and half year ago. The answer for the above is: yes (I would
also write something sarcastic about using ancient versions as a side
note, but let's not do it).

As you use LTS (which stands for Long Time Support, if I recall
correctly) distribution, then you might ask the distribution
maintainers to find which of the change(s) fixed the timezone handling
in the evolution-ews during those 2.5 years and ask them to backport
that(those) change(s) to their distribution, because it's them, whom
are doing the 'Support'.

I recall there had been done several timezone handling fixes in the
evolution-ews during the time.

        Bye,
        Milan