On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 11:11 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 18:37 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >
> > A trace was been uploaded to BZ
>
>       Hi,
> thanks, I'll comment there.

OK.

> > [As an aside, it's especially annoying when Evo takes so long to
> > respond when the user explicitly decides to quit during these events.
> > Is there a way of changing the default timeout? Just killing all Evo
> > processes and restarting is much faster and has never once had a
> > negative effect in all my years of using it.]
>
> Click the "close" button (the 'x' button) of the window again, it'll
> ask you immediately. There was some bug about it in 3.20.something,
> which is fixed. I only do not recall whether it reached 3.20.5 or not.

I just tried it but it didn't work:

- Composed a reply to your post
- Hit Send
- Sending hung
- Hit Cancel in the sending window
- Got "Cancelling send" notification, but nothing else happened (i.e.
the Composer window stayed open).
- Clicked the 'x' button on the Composer window. Nothing happened.
- Clicked it again. Nothing happened.
- Clicked the 'x' button on the main Evo window. Nothing happened.
- Clicked it again. Nothing happened.
- Killed Evo from the command line, using "pkill evolution". The main
window disappeared but the Composer window stayed open.
- Repeated the same pkill command. The Composer window vansihed.
- Restarted Evolution.
- Was asked to re-authenticate to both my Google accounts. Was also
repeatedly asked to reauthenticate to the Calendar service. Kept saying
yes, but it asked again, time after time. Finally said No and it
stopped asking.
- While composing this reply, was again asked to reauthenticate the
Gmail account (not the one from which I'm posting).

Hoping I can send this without further adventures ...

poc