Hi,
I am using evolution for many years now and could solve a lot of mostly self
inflicted issues by myself. But this time I need your help.

Maybe a lot of the following is unrelated, but its my today's history.

I am running fedora 26 under cinnamon. Today evolution has worked as usual
before all that. I was trying to improve the time I need to login to my
account. So I renamed my home dir and created another empty one. I logged in
one time, it was quite fast. I logged off.
Then I moved the new initial home dir away and my old one back into place. I
logged in, it was slow again. I did not try to open evolution.

So I looked around and found this file: .local/share/cinnamon/application_state
I found several old session states in it. So I removed them manually, while
being logged out. Evolution had this entry
<application id="evolution.desktop" open-window-count="1"
score="4707.4679660797119" last-seen="1382464923"/>
I did also some other hopefully unrelated things, like removing the network
manager icon.

My evolution data is seemingly still there. I looks like my environment has
reset itself and forgot the existing data. When I start evolution it starts the
new user wizard.

I have a working file backup in place. I just have no idea which files I need
to restore.
I have also found this page:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.de
But the data there seem to be alright.