On 12/29/2017 05:18 PM, Gottfried wrote:

>> It sounds like Evolution "hangs" (does not respond to anything in
>> the user interface anymore) but does not "crash" (the application
>> window vanishes unexpectedly).
>>
>> Please make sure that "gdb" is installed. Then open a Terminal
>> window. Then enter the command "gdb evolution". At the next prompt,
>> enter the command "run". Then make Evolution hang. Then enter the
>> command "thread apply all bt full".
> I did just that. it shows a list of threads. It seams to take for
> ever. If I type your command 'thread apply all bt full' in between,
> nothing happens any more. At least it looks like. Could it be that it
> just takes a lot of time? as I said, my PC is not fast. to me it
> still looks like gdb is hanging just like evolution

I believe they missed the step that after Evolution hangs you have to
type Ctrl-C in the GDB terminal to interrupt the debugger and get back
to the GDB prompt. THEN you can type "thread apply all bt full"

At least I think that is what is happening.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil