Please don't top post on this mailing list.

On Sun, 2018-08-12 at 16:37 +0000, Ron Smith wrote:
> I can think of 100 alternative ways to do this, but it has been a
> started feature in outlook/exchange forever so most companies have
> built processes around it.

Most?

>  Like using it as a way good individuals to announce they will be out
> of office for part of the day. You send a meeting request to your
> team, no alerts, marked not busy, and no reply requested.

So you are effectively using the calendaring system as a mailing list?

> Evolution supports the first two features, why not the one? At least
> there is a checkbox when I am accepting/declining a meeting request
> that was sent to me so I can choose not to send a response. Would it
> be that hard to add one when I am creating one.

If you want a feature added then you need to add it as a feature
request on Gitlab

 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues

If you do file an issue there, could you please copy the link to the
request here so that others that search for it can find it.

> And the point of the exercise is not to tell me how bad the process
> is or what other processes the company could use. Most people use
> outlook and the process isn't going to change. I'm trying to use
> Evolution again, but there always seems to be some little sticking
> point like this.

Evolution is not Outlook ...

P.