On Mon, 2018-12-31 at 22:52 +0000, Russell Thamm via evolution-list
wrote:
> When I send an email, my provider places the item in the Sent folder.
> Evolution also insists in putting the item in the Sent folder.
> Furthermore, Evolution always takes several minutes to do this.

You can configure where sent items are saved to - probably the easiest
*work around* is to change it to some local folder (i.e. under "On This
Computer"). But that's a work around since you are still storing the
mail.

> Can I configure this Evolution to stop duplicating sent items?

No, Evolution will always store the sent mail somewhere - this is a
GOOD thing. It's your ISP that's doing strange things - perhaps you
should be asking how you can stop them from duplicating items.

> I'm sick of rebooting to Windows every time I want to send email.

Why on earth would you do that?

P.