On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 17:06 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 10:01 -0600, Japhering via evolution-list wrote:
> Evolution starts cleanly at the command line.  Sitting in the inbox for
> the account I want to search via the search bar.
>
> Show:   All Messages  Search:  <Keyword>  in Current Account
>
> Regards of the type of keyword -- something from the subject line or an
> email address, I end up with 3 copies of the matches.
>
> Simple case, I registered for a merchant account which offers a gateway
> to their services named Lucy.  As a result of registration I have 1
> email with a user guide pdf and 1 email with support information.
>
> Using lucy as the keyword, I get 3 copies of the user guide email, 3
> copies of the support information email and 2 copies of a credit card
> receipt sent from the lucy gateway service.   All are shown to be in
> the same location. Each message type has the same timestamp for the
> type (user doc shows Mon 15:55 x 3, support info shows Mon 10:18 x 3
> and receipt shows  01/25/2019 01:29 x 2)
>
> I've checked the headers and the body of the emails and don't find
> any correlation in the number of copies and the number of uses of the
> keyword in the emails in question.
>
> To make this totally clear:
> Are these triplicated messages only shown in *search results*? Or do
> you also see the three copies of the same message in the corresponding
> folder in the "default view", when you have no search view applied?

Tripled ONLY on search.  Scrolling through message list shows only 1 copy
of each message.  Looking at Gmail with a browser, also only shows one of
each.

Definitely only a Evolution search thing.

8 hours later and the only messages on the console from evolution are 5
messages caused by clicking on a hyperlink ( Opening in existing browser
session. )

And the following:

(evolution:7724): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:18:16.171: no trigger event for menu
popup
Gtk-Message: 16:51:07.537: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent.
This is discouraged.