On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 9:56 AM Anonymous Japhering <japher...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 2:50 AM Milan Crha via evolution-list <
> evolution-list@gnome.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2019-09-16 at 14:15 -0500, Japhering, Anonymous via evolution-
>> list wrote:
>> > I write an email, attach a 700k file, evolution hangs with the
>> > message uploading files.
>> > Hang time is 3-10 minutes depending on the target ( 3-5 minutes to
>> > gmail/g-suite, 5-10 minutes to Office 365),
>> > at which point I get a generic failure message an the option to
>> > continue editing, discard or retry.
>>
>>         Hi,
>> with "uploading files", do you mean after you Send the message, or when
>> you select the file to be attached? If the former, is the file already
>> downloaded in the message? That's indicated in the attachment bar, the
>> attachment icon shows a "progress indicator" when it is loading/saving.
>>
> Sorry.. poor description on my part.
>
> I write the email, go through the process of attaching the file, I see the
> attachment in the attachements bar. Upon clicking send, while waiting the
> indeterminate amount of time ( varies per service ), I see
> in the send status section the text "Uploading Files".
>

>> When you say generic failure error, how that that look, please?
>

> The error across  4 different email services  is a dialog which says
>
> An error occurred while sending. How do you want to proceed?
> The reported error was  "Could not connect to  < service >  Socket I/O
> timed out".
>
>  and today .. it is  happening on all emails.   When I wrote the original
> email it was only happening on  emails
> with attachments.
>
> The confusing part is that  NOTHING else is having issues.   As I write
> this I've started  ssh connections to  6 machines in
> 6 different data centers ( 3 different cloud services ),  started and
> stopped  vpns to 6 different countries,  slack is running to
> 5 different channels and probably a dozen other things relying on
> connectivity, but none of them having issues
>
>> And
>> you run the evolution from a terminal (flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution),
>> are there any runtime warnings shown when you try to send/upload to the
>> composer?
>>

> Testing starting from a terminal, rather than the Mint menu is on schedule
> this afternoon.  Customer meetings for the next 4 hours.

Fails when started in a terminal, no significant messages in the terminal.

flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

(evolution.bin:58): e-mail-engine-WARNING **: 16:40:32.854: Failed to add
service 'Sendmail' (sendmail): No provider available for protocol “sendmail”

(evolution-addressbook-factory:28): e-book-backend-google-CRITICAL **:
16:43:11.730: e_contact_new_from_gdata_entry: assertion 'g_hash_table_size
(system_groups_by_entry_id) > 0' failed

>> I'm wondering whether the behavior depends not only on the file size,
>> but also file type.
>>

> Yesterday.  attachments only .. jpg, png and pdf, all failed.   Today,
> everything is failing from Evolution, which is why this email
> is coming through  Gmail  web interface ( 0 for 6 email attempts from
> Evolution this morning).
>

>> > If I continue editing and save as draft, when I come back to the
>> > draft, I'm offered the ability to add an attachment, but
>> > the system with won't take it or isn't displaying it in the
>> > attachment bar ( don't know which at this point ).
>>
>> It looks like the attachment was not loaded yet.
>>
>> I do not have 3.32.x flatpak here, the version had been updated to
>> 3.34.0, which you can get if you re-download the json script/flatpak
>> manifest from the repository.
>>

> I'll try a refresh this afternoon.

Deleted everything and rebuilt ... but it still just built    3.32.5
(flatpak git2ee5104)
So, nothing changed and the behavior is the same.