On 1/14/20 05:02, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2020-01-13 at 15:50 -0500, Eugene via evolution-list wrote:
I just found out that yahoo mail required OAuth2 since long time ago
        Hi,
it doesn't really 'require' it, it rather 'supports' it.
Hi Milan,

Yahoo rejected my IMAP password and only creating new account in Thunderbird with OAuth2 allowed me access my email.

Investigation revealed that yahoo access control don't differ from google - the same "less secure applications" toggle and plain IMAP password rejection if IMAP client IP address changed.

Please consider following Thunderbird and allowing yahoo OAuth2 to avoid sudden access denied messages and avoid a need to have "less secure applications" toggle enabled.

Eugene.