On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 00:49 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 00:34:14 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > If you select "Bogofilter", you alone are responsible for the filtered
> > mails. It only will sort out mails you trained it to sort out. This is
> > what I'm using successfully since decades and IMO what should be used
> > on client site.
>
> FWIW you train the filter not just by marking messages as spam, you
> also need to mark false positives as "ham"/not being spam.
>
> In my opinion spam filters on the server side should be disabled, if
> possible at all, but at least I tend to select a moderate level of
> spam filtering on the server side.

That may work for POP, which I think you use. I use IMAP and only
server-side filtering. Since I access my mail from several different
places, including with apps on my phone and tablet as well as Evo on my
desktop, this works extremely well.

poc