3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu 18.04)
Cinnamon 4.4.8

This is an observation and isn't a critical thing (to me).

In the version of Evolution I have (from the stock software repository), I prefer to keep the 'month' view.

I have found that, using the 'small' calendar in the lower left area of the Evo Calendar window, rapidly clicking the forward/back arrows for either the month or the year will switch the main calendar pane to 'day' view where it will remain until reset via the selection along the top.

Clicking more slowly on the month or year arrows does NOT switch to 'day' view.

Since (my interpretation) of the main reason to use the month/day selector IS to rapidly go to another date, this behavior seem a bit odd.

I did look in the issue tracker but, frankly, I can't think of a way to search for this behavior.

In any event, this is more of something I happened to notice rather than a major problem.

Ed

--
Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Cinnamon 4.4.8