De: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list@gnome.org>
Répondre à: Milan Crha <mc...@redhat.com>
À: evolution-list@gnome.org
Objet: Re: [Evolution] Evolution Macro Plugin
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:19:22 +0200

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 11:57 +0200, Stephane Passignat via evolution-
list wrote:
I think I'm reaching the end of this approach. I looked at macroscript
but I haven't found. Are there any macro script I havent found?
        Hi,I'm not sure what you call "macro script" or "macro
plugin", but maybeit's not that important.
I looked at plugins code but I havent programmed in C for decades.Any
ides on how and what to do ?
The main programming language in Evolution is C. There can be
madeGObject bindings (then it can be used by other languages like
pythonand all those, which understand GObject introspection), but
it'sgenerated for evolution-data-serer only, not for Evolution.
You may want to engage someone knowing C, and especially glib,
becauseit's used heavily there. Such person could start with the
examplemodule [1] and change it to its like-ings. He/she would be
mostlyinterested in the m-msg-composer-extension.c part (can delete
(almost)all the rest), and it can change it to connect to the
"presend" actionof the EMsgComposer, where can be implemented the
question about askingwhether the sender is correctly set (the signal
handler returns whetherthe message can be send). It's different from
your suggested "ask oncomposer open", but I think it is not a problem,
and, more importantly,it can use already implemented approach (the
"presend" signal).
        Bye,    Milan
[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Extensions#Example_Module