El lun, 15-06-2020 a las 00:57 +0100, Pete Biggs escribió:

> > The fact that you conflate this with with top posting Microsoft,
> > google etc doing things is a manner which doesn't agree with your
> > views isn't really relevant.
>
> Well, it is, because the Outlook style of replying makes it look like
> the included messages are included as whole discrete messages - it
> doesn't encourage people to trim their replies. This style of
> replying
> was something that Outlook did when no other email client of the time
> did;

Actually to add my two cents as well, Pete is exactly right. I was an
early user of Outlook and so easily accepted the HTML default and the
top posting. I now have a friend who uses the HTML-top posting default
and, in replies to longer messages, winds up placing something like
"See ****" at the top and then inserting comments with these leading
characters in the HTML text. That works, but is much less efficient
than plain text with the ">" marking the previous material, allowing
you to find the comments easily.

Some years ago when a group I thought of joining wanted me to sign up
to use their Slack account, I had to investigate what it was and came
across a review that gushed about how much better Slack was than e-
mail. My immediate reaction was that the reviewer simply did not know
how to use e-mail.

Roy