Am Montag, den 14.09.2020, 11:13 +0200 schrieb Herr Oswald:
> 3.36.4-0ubuntu1
>
> Hello friends,
>
> I moved to ubuntu 20 and would like to set up evolution as an
> autostart
> programme. On ubuntu18 I had to use a delay of ~10s, because ubuntu
> and
> evolution never managed to cooperate properly at the start process.
>
> Even with ubuntu20 this issue seems not to be resolved. First few
> manual launches succeeded, but when doing autostart, evo gets stuck
> with loading folders - see images attached. Now, I set up a delay of
> 30sec, net connection is established after that time. But evo still
> is
> stuck, not even killing all evolution processes and relaunch evo
> helps.
> What should I do?
>
> Cheers,
> Wolf

Hi Wolf,

it seems a little bit strange, using evolution with xubuntu autostart
works for me. So a few questions to find the error:

* which WM do you use?
* which desktop-manager do you use?
* WIFI or cable LAN?
* autostart or manual login?

I'm using xfce4 with xubuntu 20.04 LTS and login manually. After login
Evolution gets startet via .config/autostart/evolution.desktop without
any problems.

A hint for finding the error may be, to write an own start-script with
the lines

        #!/bin/bash
        export PATH=$PATH:/usr/bin
        set -x
        evolution >> /tmp/evolution-starter.log 2>&1

to get the output while starting hidden by desktop-manager.
Don't forget to make the script executable (chmod 755 startscript.sh)

Best regards

Max