On Mon, 2020-11-02 at 14:06 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-10-30 at 09:41 -0500, Japhering Anonymous via evolution-
> list wrote:
> > At this point, Evolution starts the lookup process, as indicated by a
> > dialog screen with the Gnome foot icon with the wiggling toes
>

> Or, you can verify my hypothesis when you run these commands:
>
>    $ wget
> https://autoconfig.DOMAIN/mail/config-v1.1.xml\?emailaddress=EVOLUTIONUSER%40DOMAIN\&emailmd5=MD5

--2020-11-03 11:52:36--
https://autoconfig.<domain>/mail/config-v1.1.xml?emailaddress=<email>&emailmd5=MD5
Resolving autoconfig.<domain> (autoconfig.<domain>)... failed: Name or service
not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘autoconfig.<domain>’

>    $ wget
> http://autoconfig.DOMAIN/mail/config-v1.1.xml\?emailaddress=EVOLUTIONUSER%40DOMAIN\&emailmd5=MD5

--2020-11-03 11:52:36--

https://autoconfig.<domain>/mail/config-v1.1.xml?emailaddress=<email>&emailmd5=MD5
Resolving autoconfig.<domain> (autoconfig.<domain>)... failed: Name or service
not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘autoconfig.<domain>’

>    $
> wget
> https://DOMAIN/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml\?emailaddress=EVOLUTIONUSER%40DOMAIN\&emailmd5=MD5

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

>    $ wget
> http://DOMAIN/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml\?emailaddress=EVOLUTIONUSER%40DOMAIN\&emailmd5=MD5

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

So it looks like my hosting company is not setup to allow autoconfiguration of
email clients .. ugh.

Thanks for the testing links.

Mike