On 22/02/21 11:04 pm, Andy Proctor via evolution-list wrote:

[..]
Do you by any chance have Mega installed and linked to your Evolution folder?
[..]
No worries, thanks it really helps, yes I do have mega installed and linked to
my evolution folder. It would point to it being sync errors across machines, or
items deleted on one then moved to the other.
Useful to know, thoughts on "safe to delete"? I might just move/rename and see
and report back.
Rename or move would be best (and I do that often myself if I have any doubts), however there is a 'clear' button if you go to Mega -> Settings -> Advanced.

There's also a schedule option, on mine it is set to clear .debris after 30 days which I suspect is the default. I only have 2 files there, a script runs on my media PC every few hours to check the IP address and overwrites one file when it changes (every few months), with that file synced over mega (in case I ever need to access a machine while away from home)

I believe (and I could be wrong on this) that theĀ  .debris folder is used where files change often and there's some uncertainty as to which is the correct version, or in cases where files change on 2 clients causing conflicting versions. I only have a couple that may change and there's copies of them in my debris folder, but in your case you'd probably have quite a few and changes, and if more than one machine uses that sync and can update emails (via the email server), and wind up polling simultaneously, that could lead to apparent conflicts.

I'm replying to the list in case it helps others with similar questions. Very little search results on this folder on duckduckgo etc :)

Take care,
KR