Jeffrey,
  I came across something interesting regarding the problem we discussed
last week.  If I attempt to send out this exact message using SMTP, I
receive the error I previously described.  However, if I change the
transport to Sendmail, this message goes out just fine.
  Evolution behaves this way on my laptop with the latest snapshots
(no preview releases) with Red Hat 7.0.  I do not have these problems
on my other computer, where I run Red Hat 6.2.  I realize that suggests
quite a few differences in configurations, but perhaps this will help
you guys determine what's going on.  Also, the mail server is running
Microsoft Exchange.  Thanks.

Arne