Nothing but RC packages are available, becuase we'd like to test them
more, obviously.  As when 1.0 is frozen its actually going to be stuck
onto physical media, and not something people will want to update every
day.  This why updates to the codebase have slowed down so much,
every patch is being reviewed and only serious show-stoppers are making
it into cvs anyway so that no 'unknown features' get added trying
to fix other bugs.