Title: OFED March 24 meeting summary on OFED 1.4 plans
Tziporet Koren wrote:

OFED March 24 meeting summary about OFED 1.4 and 1.3.1 plans:

1.3.1 Release:
As we decided we should do a release in 2-3 month after 1.3.
In addition if there are any special fixes as outcome from the interop we can do a release earlier.
All - please send me your requests for fixed issues and needed time frame and I will publish 1.3.1 schedule based on this.

There will be some cxgb3 driver changes for 1.3.1.

OFED 1.4:
1. Kernel base: since we target 1.4 release to Sep we target the kernel base to be 2.6.27
    This is a good target, but we may need to stay with 2.6.26 if the kernel progress will not be aligned.

2. Suggestions for new features:

  • NFS-RDMA
  • Verbs: Reliable Multicast (to be presented at Sonoma)
  • SDP - Zero copy (There was a question on IPv6 support - seems no one interested for now)
  • IPoIB - continue with performance enhancements
  • Xsigo new virtual NIC
  • New vendor HW support - non was reported so far (IBM and Chelsio - do you have something?)
  • OpenSM:
    • Incremental routing
    • Temporary SA DB - to answer queries and a heavy sweep is done
    • APM - disjoint paths (?)
    • MKey manager (?)
    • Sasha to send more management features
  • MPI:
    • Open MPI 1.3
    • APM support in MPI
    • mvapich ???
  • uDAPl
    • Extensions for new APIs (like XRC) - ?
    • uDAPL provider for interop between Windows & Linux
    • 1.2 and 2.0 will stay

Sorry I missed these meetings.  For iWARP,  here is my plan:

New iWARP Verbs:

- stag_alloc/dealloc
- nsmr_fastreg
- read-with-inv-local-stag
- inv-local-stag

Note the above verbs might be transport-independent.  I believe the IBTA has defined a fastreg verb too?

- peer-2-peer support in IWCM/Drivers

Steve.

3. Supported OSes & kernels

  • RHEL 4 up 5,6,7
  • RHEL 5 up 1,2 - all vendors please see if we can drop RHEL5 (base)
  • SLES10 SP1 SP2
  • Kernel.org: start from 2.6.18 - need to decide here based on customers requests
  • Fedora C8
  • OpenSuSE 10.3

Open (for discussion at Sonoma) :
- Do we want to move that user level part will be based on tarballs and not git
- Kernel.org and OFED kernel modules

Tziporet