Hi Rupert,

On 08/12/2017 11:48 AM, RSD@SFI wrote:
Hi Check,

You are correct that OFED 4.x does not support any 6.x RHEL based distros
(see attached readme).

I will bring up this topic in tomorrow's EWG meeting.

Do you know the 800 number for this meeting? Thanks.

-jeff

Thanks

Rupert

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Lever [mailto:chuck.le...@oracle.com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2017 11:29 AM
To: RSD@SFI <rsda...@soft-forge.com>
Cc: Jeff Becker <jeffrey.c.bec...@nasa.gov>; ewg@lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: Re: [ewg] NFS/RDMA question

Thanks Rupert.

I'm thinking out loud here, but my interest is with the many many
deployments that are forced to remain on EL6-based distributions
(Scientific, CentOS) due to application certification constraints.
This includes many in the HPC community, and those who are doing chip CAD,
for example.

OFED / MOFED seems to be the only way to deliver working NFS/RDMA in that
class of environment, as it replaces the NFS/RDMA code that is in Red Hat's
EL6 kernel with newer 3.18 code.

As I understand it, OFED 4 is not supported on EL6-based systems.