Hi Ravinder,

Protect First Row: Select the cells to be protected
Right Click on them and Select Format Cells
Click Protection tab, Check if Locked property is selected or not.
It should be checked/selected.

Unprotect Rest Rows: Now Select rest of the cells to be unprotected.
Right Click on them and Select Format Cells
Click Protection tab, Check if Locked property is selected or not.
It should not be checked/selected.

Excel 2007: Now Right click on sheet tab and select Protect Sheet.
Excel2003: Go to Tools --> Protection --> Protect Sheet

Provide the password and don't change rest settings.
You're done. That's it.

Regards
Ashish Jain
www.excelitems.com
Developer of Open XL

On Apr 30, 10:52 am, Punj <rkp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want protect cell in first line only
>
> I want if i overwrite this black cells, it does not change.
>
> and changes in below all cells can be made.
> help required.
>
> --
> Regards,
> RAVINDER PUNJ
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com