Hi Dean,

This has nothing to do with excel. Either clear your Internet explorer
(or of the browser you're using) or permanently set its cache size to
0KB.

Regards
Ashish Jain
http://www.excelitems.com
http://www.openexcel.com
*Developer of Open XL*

On Jun 5, 1:46 am, DeanL <deanpmlonghu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a web page with links to excel spreadsheets on a server.  The
> problem I'm having is that when I update the spreadsheet and upload a
> new version to the server then the links from the web page cause a
> copy cached on the user's local machine to open instead of calling the
> new version from the server.
>
> Is there a way to force excel to call the new copy each time or does
> this have to be done through the web page?
>
> Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Many thanks, Dean...
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com