Hi,

If the FIND thingy doesn't work with filter-hidden rows, try just looping
through each cell in the range you want:

Something like:

For each c in Range("A2:A1000")

If c.value = "<Your criteria here>" Then Msgbox "Bing! It's here!"

Next c

Replace the Message Box with whatever code you need.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards - Dave.

> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:47:12 -0400
> Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: find method does not work in filtered (hidden)
> ranges
> From: youcanthavemyemailaddr...@gmail.com
> To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
>

> I know it has to be done with a macro. I'm just not sure how (and if
> it is possible) to use the find method and search in rows hidden by a
> filter.
>
> If you have an idea let me know. Thank you.
>
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Nishant Jain<nishantjai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > this is possible if you want to use macro... i hope you can develop
> > one, but if not let me know...
> >
> > On Jun 6, 2:29 am, Anon Ymous <youcanthavemyemailaddr...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Hello.  First post here (and first post to a Google group).  I have
> >> been a long time user of the Ozgrid forum, but I am against the idea
> >> of paying to post.  Hopefully I'll find some nice and helpful people
> >> here. :)
> >>
> >> Ok, so the find method works on visible and hidden rows depending if
> >> you use LookIn:=xlValues or xlFormulas; however, it does not work on
> >> hidden rows caused by a filter.
> >>
> >> I have a range that is filtered, and I want to find a value in a
> >> column that may or may not be the filter criteria (and thus hidden).
> >> I do not want to show all the data, do the find, then reapply all the
> >> filters again.
> >>
> >> Ideas?

Looking for a new car this winter? Let us help with car news, reviews and more
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com