Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:23:51 +0530
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: Plz. Help: Convert complex figures into higher
or lower 00 Figures
From: dilipan...@gmail.com
To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com

Hi ddp,

It is not as big as you have presented.  Try the below formula and you will
have the required result.

=+MROUND(A3,100)
'where A3 is the reference

I have tested this on a workbook and same is attached herewith for your
reference.

Thanks,
Dilipandey
--
DILIP KUMAR PANDEY
  MBA-HR,B COM(Hons.),BCA

New Delhi - 110062

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:07 PM, ddp <dharmendrakumar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi members,

Hope you all are doing well.

Please help me with a solution which, I am sure, will benefit others
too.

Problem:        It is very difficult to remember tones of figures

Solution:       It is easier to remember nearest lower/higher figures

Formula/function required:      If last two digits>50, convert the
entire
figure to higher 00 level and if last two digits<50, convert the

entire figure to lower 00 level

Sales Qty               Formula/function required, which will lead to

2723                              2700
2584                              2600
2358                              2400

147                              100
91547232                         91547200

I use Office 2007 at home and 2003 in office

I am well versed with excel but not much with VBA

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Dharmendra

POP access for Hotmail is here! Click here to find out more
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=802246
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com