Hi Serghei,

Thanks for giving reply.

I saw you excel, but it is not solving my problem. I am not able to find
macro written in your excel.

I want to apply conditional formatting on Major suppliers columns "PP" and
"PE" i.e. column M and N

Suppose If I insert supplier name in "PP" column (i.e. cell "M5"), then it
will check that whether the total consumption of pp products (i.e. B5:E5) is
> 0 and also it will check that import (i.e. "L5") is > 0 if both these
conditions are true then it will not give any error (that means I can insert
supplier name in that cell - "M5"). But if one of these conditions is false,
that cell (i.e. "M5") should get fill with red colour which will indicate
that user cannot insert supplier name if consumption or import is 0.

I hope you got my point. Actually it is little difficult to explained.

Thanks and best regards,

Swapnil.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Serghei Ovanesov <oserg...@hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi Swapnil,
>

> I am not sure if this is what you wanted, but here it goes. Unfortunately I
> was not able to replicate the same with conditional formatting, thus i had
> to resort to VBA macro.
>
> If anyone is able to do the same with conditional formatting please do
> post.
>
> Find the VBA solution attached and do let me know if this has achieved
> your goal.
>

> Kind regards.
>

> Serghei.
>
> ------------------------------
> From: swapnilp1...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:17:35 +0530
> Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ Please help me to solve this problem
> To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
>
> Hi All,
>
> I want to do conditional formatting on selected cells based on values
> inserted in other cells.
>
> I have explained the problem in attached excel. If you still have any query
> let me know I will try to explain it again.
>
> Thanks and Best regards,
>
> Swapnil.

1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com