Hi,
Can't you just set calculations to manual while you do the Goal Seek?
Dave.

> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:33:04 -0700
> Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ VBA - Access multiple Excel instances
> From: paul...@gmail.com
> To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
>

> Hi,
>
> I have a very large large spreadsheet with 20000 rows and about 50
> columns most with long complex formulas so calculation on this sheet
> takes time. The main purpose of my code is to perform a Goal Seek but
> depending on results the code might loop up to 100 times. Each Goal
> Seek takes about 9 minutes!
>
> One column from the table changes at each iteration so what I want to
> do is copy this column to another workbook, perform the Goal Seek,
> then copy back my required result. My problem is though that if the
> second workbook is in the same Excel instance as the actual table the
> process is just as slow.
>
> So, my question is how do I access a completely separate instance
> within my VBA code so as to paste the 20000 line column, perform the
> goal seek in that workbook then copy the result back
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> ..pc

View photos of singles in your area Click Here
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/
1. Excel and VBA Tutorials(Video and Text), Free add-ins downloads at
http://www.excelitems.com
3. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.vbamacros.blogspot.com
4. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com