Hi,

If you have a formula in a cell, it is never considered blank, even if the
formula returns an apparent blank.

You will often get this with 'IF' formulas: eg IF(A20=5,"Bing","")

If A20 does not equal 5, then the formula returns a "".

But XL sees this as a zero-length string, not a blank cell.

You will need different code in your Access code; something that tests for
zero-length strings.

Instead of "is not null" perhaps "len(cell ref)=0"

I'm not too familiar with Access, so you'll hav to figure that part out.

Regards - Dvae.

> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:31:50 -0700
> Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ replace code changes blanks cells
> From: mwillia...@socal.rr.com
> To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
>
> I have this code that replaces a "-" in a column.
> It does just that, but when I link that workbook to Access and use a
> "is not null" filter in a query the ones that are blank come up in the
> query.
> Thus my code is doing something to each cell to make Access think the
> cell is not blank (whent it appears to be)
>
> Any ideas???
>
> before code is run
>
> Cell A1...A100 = "test-me"
> cell A101...A65000 = blank
>
> Access query brings up one row, A1
>

> after code is run
>
> Cell A1...A100 = "testme"
> cell A101...A65000 = blank
>
> Access query brings up 100 rows (that also appear blank)
>

> Code:
>
> Dim er As Double
>
> er = Range("o65000").End(xlUp).Row
>
> Range("o2").Select
>
> Do Until ActiveCell.Row - 1 = er
>
> ActiveCell.Value = Replace(ActiveCell.Value, "-", "")
> ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
>
> Loop

> Some important links for excel users:
> 1. Follow us on TWITTER for tips tricks and links :
> http://twitter.com/exceldailytip
> 2. Join our Facebook Group @
> 3. Excel tutorials at http://www.excel-macros.blogspot.com
> 4. Learn VBA Macros at http://www.quickvba.blogspot.com
> 5. Excel Tips and Tricks at http://exceldailytip.blogspot.com

> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> HELP US GROW !!
>
> We reach over 6,800 subscribers worldwide and receive many nice notes about
> the learning and support from the group.Let friends and co-workers know they
> can subscribe to group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros/subscribe

> excel-macros+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the
> words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Looking for a new home? With all the latest places, searching has never been
easier.
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157631292/direct/01/

2. Join our Facebook Group @ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=287779555678