Santiago Afonso wrote:
> Hello. I'd like to use the equation editor in excel 2010 through VBA. In
> Word, the equation object is OMath (
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb256563%28office.12%29.aspx), and
> the macro recorder records some actions done to such an object (like
> changing equations from professional to inline). Excel 2010's macro recorder
> does not reflect interactions with any object other than shapes when using
> the equation editor, and I found no information regarding the usage of the
> OMath object under Excel.

It seems to me as if the OMath object is just Word's wrapper for
mathematic formulas, the actual COM object is "Microsoft Equation X.
0". This object is provided by Design Science Inc., and as far as I
can see on their homepage they don't have an Automation interface for
their component (they rather advertise the feature that one can import
MathML into their component, but you'll have to buy the latest version
of their software).

Due to the nature of COM, the macro recorder cannot possibly track any
user interactions that are done to embedded objects. This means that
you're out of luck. A quick scan with Google yielded very little
usable information: It seems that automatable formula editing controls
are quite rare. Most probably it will be the easiest if you use Latex
to typeset your formulas and import the generated graphics into Excel.

Regards,
Stuart