Thank you for your prompt feedback and the macro. However, what I am
looking for is to specifically lock cell ranges instead of the entire
worksheet. Here is additional clarification;

- If task is completed by 12:00 PM, the user updates cell ranges
A2:A14. However, if the deadline has passed the user will put his/her
initials in columns B2:B14.

- If task is completed by 3:00 PM (15:00 military time), the user
updates cell ranges A15:A20. However, if the deadline has passed the
user will put his/her initials in columns B15:B20.

- Each row is a separate task and has its own deadline which will be
stored in cells C2:C20.

- The same rules will apply on multiple tabs on the same workbook

Thanks again Deepak!