Hi,

In case of MIS Executives the kind of the data sets is very rigid. The
data is always in the same format. Mostly the amount of data would
also be the same every day/week. The frequency of reports would be
also same for them, i.e. the MIS is generated on a weekly, daily or 15
days or quarterly basis. The data is extracted from a source which is
set by a business analyst beforehand and should not or is not
manipulated without prior permission. Considering all this we can
conclude:

1. MIS Executive is Good at Excel functions like Lookup, Vlookup and
Hlookup
2. He/She has some knowledge of pivot tables and data extraction.
3. He/She can work comfortably on data sets of around 20,000 rows and
200 colums (approx)
4. He/She should have some knowledge of text manipulation functions
(Concatenate, len, find, left, right etc).
5. He/She should be comfortable using combination of functions e.g.
extract first name from email id in cell A1 when A1 contains
anand...@gmail.com
6. He/She should be able to use logical functions
7. Should be able to use error handling functions available in MS
Excel.
8. Last but not the least WILLINGNESS TO LEARN.

Warm regards,
Anand Kumar.