It seems you need a new template standards.

Open a new workbook
Set the desired number of sheet in the workbook
Select all sheets at once as a group
Select all cells (Ctrl + A)
Format the cells of this workbook  in your
own font-style, font-size, and so on,
including the format number  (= GENERAL)
save the workbook with NAME:  BOOK.XLTX
(assumption: you you are the users of Excel 2007 / 2010)
storage paths:
If you are a Windows XP user
the Templates folder is usually C:\Documents and Settings\\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates.
In Windows Vista the Templates folder is usually
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

Make the same workbook but also contains only one sheet and save as
SHEET.XLTX

book.xltx will be used by Excel when you open a new workbook.
sheet.xltx will be used by Excel every time you insert a new sheet.

~siti

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Amit Desai (MERU) <amit.de...@merucabs.com