Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
dguille...@gmail.com
-----Original Message----- From: Azeema
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:53 PM
To: MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Subject: $$Excel-Macros$$ stuck with a password protected excel file

Dear All:
You guys and gals have been so helpful to all my previous queries and
I highly appreciate that...

I am stuck again with Excel. This time with a Excel file which was
password protected by my ex colleague. He somehow has forgotten the
password and it seems there is no way to retrieve the information in
it.. I have tried some tips that I found online like opening in google
docs, but that does not work. I am too worried to use some online
software to crack the password because the file contains sensitive
contact information of our clients!!!!

Is there any solution?

Many many thanks and Mahalo for your help.

Azeema

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.

NOTE : Don't ever post personal or confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.

5) Cross-promotion of, or links to, forums competitive to this forum in signatures are prohibited.