OK. I had thought that the SELECTION would stop the loop.
So, I went back and tested and you are CORRECT..
See msgbox line which showed sheet4 even tho find was on sheet3. Next time I
will exit the for

Sub lookinallsheets()
For Each ws In Worksheets
With ws
==============
MsgBox .Name
===========
set mf = .Cells.Find(What:="ss", LookIn:=xlValues, _
LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext)
If Not mf Is Nothing Then
.Select
mf.Select
End If