There are several different types of loops.
The type you select will depend on your specific situation.

a couple of examples would be:
'-------------------------------------------------------
Sub Loop1()
    Dim Rng As Range
    For Each Rng In Range("A2:A10")
        MsgBox Rng.Value
    Next Rng
End Sub
'-------------------------------------------------------
Sub Loop2()
    Dim nRow
    For nRow = 1 To 10
        ActiveSheet.Cells(nRow, "A").FormulaR1C1 =
"'Preferred_Address_Indicator"
        ActiveSheet.Cells(nRow, "B").Formula = "=Switch2(Y2,""B"",
AH2,""H"",NOT(AH2),""O"")"
    Next nRow
End Sub
'-------------------------------------------------------

But in your example, you're using separate ROWS instead of separate COLUMNS:

        .Range("AP1").FormulaR1C1 = "'Preferred_Address_Indicator"

        .Range("AP2").Formula = "=Switch2(Y2,""B"", AH2,""H"",NOT(AH2),""O"")"

yet you SAY you want to increment by (1)?
yes, AP1 and AP2 are "incremented by 1", but they aren't repeating..
so that doesn't require a loop...

can you give a better example?

Like:

In the first iteration of the loop, you want:

        .Range("AP1").FormulaR1C1 = "'Preferred_Address_Indicator"

        .Range("AP2").Formula = "=Switch2(Y2,""B"", AH2,""H"",NOT(AH2),""O"")"

In the SECOND iteriation, it should be:

        .Range("xxxxxxxxx").FormulaR1C1 = "'Preferred_Address_Indicator"
        .Range("xxxxxxxxx").Formula = "=Switch2(Y2,""B"",
AH2,""H"",NOT(AH2),""O"")"

Paul
“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,