Respected Kaushal,

I think that the file is saved as read only and modifications and editing
are prohibited.The procedure of saving the excel file or any office file as
read only is as per the following link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214094.You can see the file but hen you
open the file the sheets are not displayed.If that is the case the file is
marked for read only and can be modified or edited only with a
password.Please look into the link and if you need further information you
can google for the procedure.If you want to alter the file contents ask for
the viewing and editing passwords from the person who made the file read
only.

Regards,
Vijaykumar

P.VIJAY KUMAR