Hello,

I have been given a task where I have say 10 spreadsheets located on the
network which have the same filename and tab naming convention.  Each
spreadsheet will have a tab for each week of the year that contains reports
that I'd like to consolidate.  For example, each spreasdsheet will have the
week number listed as tab name and I want to pull the same week's
information into one file to have one spreadsheet with each location's
report for the week.

Here is the VBA code for the very simple flow that I want to replicate on
larger scale:

http://pastebin.com/99WG6nVz

It basically opens each location's spreadsheet, grabs week 27's report and
then consolidates them into one file that I save as a new copy called "week
27 update.xlsm".

Here is where I need some help.

I'd like to set up the original "MACRO.xlsm" file with a reference to the
week number in a cell so that I could select which tabs to copy over.  For
example, the above macro pulls week 27 from each of the spreadsheets, I'd
like to make this dynamic in such that I could enter the week number and
then use that cell value to dictate which week would be copied over.  For
clarification, each tab is named at number like 27, 28, 29, etc.  The last
bit of custom work would be to use that same cell value and save the file
of the newly consolidated files to a location.  The above example is "week
XX update.xlsm" where XX is the cell value.

I hope that all makes sense.

Thank you in advance!

Dza

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.