On Sat, 1/28/17, kenyattafreed via MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
<excel-macros@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: Simple function but it returns #VALUE
 To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
 Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:24 AM

 On Sat, 1/28/17, mintaspriggs via MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
 <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>
 wrote:

  Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: Simple function but it
 returns #VALUE
  To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
  Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 9:50 AM

  On Sat, 1/28/17, mintaspriggs via MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
  <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>
  wrote:

   Subject: Re: $$Excel-Macros$$ Re: Simple function but
 it
  returns #VALUE
   To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
   Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017, 5:22 AM

   On Fri, 1/27/17, Greg Della-Croce <greg_della-cr...@sil.org>
   wrote:

  it
   returns #VALUE
    To: excel-macros@googlegroups.com
    Date: Friday, January 27, 2017, 4:00 PM

    You all caught the
    problem with this solution (which I still like).  I
  need
    find a String within a String, not an exact String
  match.

    But I think I found where I went wrong.  The InStr
   command
    is very picky about what parms you use.   Thus when
    changed this to InStr(1, Cell.Value, ChkFor,
   vbTextCompare)
    the function worked.

    Greg
    Della-CroceSkype:
    gdellacroce55Cell: 407-408-2572greg_della-cr...@sil.org"If
   you assume you know the
    answer, you will miss having a breakthrough. It’s
  okay
    do what you did yesterday, but it will never be
  amazing
    again.". - Rod Favarod, CEO of
    Spredfast

    On Fri, Jan 27, 2017
    at 4:43 AM, martinez.david533 via MS EXCEL AND VBA
  MACROS
    <excel-macros@googlegroups.com>
    wrote:

    On Fri, 1/27/17, georgemartin812