Running Exchange 2010 SP3. We setup a generic shared mailbox
"sha...@domain.com". A select few of the users also want a copy of messages
sent to that mailbox. I created a Distribution Group and setup forwarding via
the Delivery Options in Mail Flow Settings. However, I wanted to hide the
Distribution Group I setup the forwarding from the GAL, but it looks like when
I do that if fails to process. I just wanted to confirm that for messages to
forward in this manner, it requires the Distribution Group be discoverable via
the GAL.

Thank you.
Confidentiality Notice: This is a transmission from Community Hospital of the
Monterey Peninsula. This message and any attached documents may be confidential
and contain information protected by state and federal medical privacy
statutes. They are intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error,
please accept our apologies and notify the sender. Thank you.