From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Orlebeck, Geoffrey
Sent: November 29, 2017 3:55 PM
To: 'exchange@lists.myitforum.com'
Subject: [Exchange] RE: SBS2011 Exchange 2010 databases not showing MOVE LOCAL
ability

Remember Exchange doesn't reclaim whitespace on the underlying disk. If you
have a 100GB database file (MBD1), move 50GB to another database file (MBD2),
the original (MBD1) will not shrink on the disk. It just won't claim anymore
disk space until it's utilized all the available whitespace within the database
file.