We are having emails sent to Earthlink being intermittently rejected with the
reason “550 ERROR: No or mismatched reverse DNS (PTR) entries”. We have done
quite a bit of troubleshooting on this, and the problem does not appear to be
on our end. I actually have logs that show 2 consecutive messages where the
first one is accepted and the second one rejected. I also see “421 Load too
high” messages in the log from Earthlink when these happen.

I am trying to figure out how to contact Earthlink to get some assistance, but
am striking out with how to contact them. The have a special page if you are
getting a “blocked by EarthLink” response, but that doesn’t apply here. There
contact page has chat support that requires you to provide an Earthlink
account. Does anybody know how to get in touch with someone at Earthlink that
could actually help with this problem?

Bill Mayo