I was hoping for a more technical answer. I was not trying to complain about
the actions of the doctor more so than the outcome of the incident.  The
doctor incident was just a "for instance".  I would think that stopping any
or all NDR attachments from returning would be a good thing.  The attachment
does not help with troubleshooting.

In general, is there any mechanism to strip the attachments from NDRs?  As
large as my agency is and the limited bandwidth we have to most of our
embassies and consulates around the world - every little bit helps.

Microsoft had a possible solution that I tested - unsuccessfully.

--------
This can be done by performing the following:

1. Run the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program in raw mode:
   admin.exe /r
2. Expand the Site, Configuration, and Servers containers and select the
   servername that you want to view the raw properties of. The servername
   you are running the Administrator program against will be bolded.
3. From the File menu, click Raw Properties.
4. In the Object attributes list box, select Heuristics and note the value.
   As an example, let's say it is 911.
5. Run the Windows NT Calculator and convert that value to binary. In this
   case the binary value for 911 is 1110001111. The 9th bit from right to
the
   left (the 256 value) is set to the value of one. This means it is an
Exchange
   DMS Server.

Similarly when looking at the heursitics value for a commercial Exchange
Server, 671, and converting it to binary format, 1010011111, the 9th bit
from
right to left is 0. This means it is a commercial Exchange Server.
--------

If no one has a possible solution, thank you for your time.

Kevin Gatlin
US State Department