So when you go into ESM > Org > Recipients  and start right-clicking and
looking at security settings, what groups can read, whether the security
perms inherit or not, do you have any insights?   Pretend it's a file
they can't see on an NTFS volume somewhere, troubleshoot just like that.
Group membership, inheritence, etc.