-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chinnery Paul
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 12:07 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: calendar slow to update

My apologies if this has already appeared.  I originally posted this one,
maybe two, days ago and although I did get a couple of 'out of office'
replies, I don't recall seeing it posted.

I've search Technet, archives and even posted to MS Usenet groups but
haven't found an answer yet to the following situation:

Server:  dual P200, 256 meg RAM, NT 4.0 sp6, Exchange 5.5 sp4
In reference to: recurring appts in a calendar set up as a Public Folder

Our Surgery dept. uses Outlook (v2000) calendar to show who's on call.  Four
entries,
each set up as recurring all-day events with no end date.

The problem:  When you open just one entry (or even the series) and change
it,
when you click on Save/Close, it takes upwards of 23 seconds before the appt
is closed.

I've tried this on various pc's and tried different appt. entries but the
time is almost always the same. The size of the calendar is approximately
3.5 meg.

However, I did notice that if I create a new entry, with the same parameters
as the others, I can modify it and the Save/Close happens rather quickly.

Could a corrupted entry be causing such a slow update?  Or, is it simply a
matter of too much data to work with given the speed of the computer?Paul
Chinnery
Network Administrator
Mem Med Ctr