From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 7:55 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Database resource failure error 0xfffffc0b -an hour ago

Here's the message we're sending to Antigen support:  (One of my minions
wrote this - isn't it great?)

On Friday night we removed Groupshield4.5, WebShield, Netshiled403 and
installed Antigen 6.2 and Netshield 4.5SP1.
Yesterday afternoon we had this problem.
Here is what the application log showed during the time the server was
inaccesible, the clients started to get "Client operation failed" when tried
to access mailbox folders or send e-mail.
All the Exchange services were up.
Nothing before this, then at
2:37:48 PM
ERROR
Source MSExchangeIS, category (6), event 1160
The description for Event ID ( 1160 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: JTAB_BASE::EcSetColumn, 0xfffffc0b.

After a couple of these, a warning message
2:37:48 PM
WARNING
Source MSExchangeIS private, category (6), event 1025
The description for Event ID ( 1025 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: EcProcessSearchMessageEvent,
0x4fa.

Then again a lot of ERROR events 1160

Then at
2:37:53 PM
a 1025 WARNING
The description for Event ID ( 1025 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: EcUnlinkMessage, 0xfffffc0b.

Then they alternated
until the WARNING changed back to
2:38:12 PM
The description for Event ID ( 1025 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: EcProcessSearchMessageEvent,
0xfffffc0b.

A bunch of errors 1160 and a couple more warnings

At 2:38:47
a new ERROR message
Source MSExchangeIS Private, category (15), event 1107

The description for Event ID ( 1107 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event: 0xfffffc0b.

We also got a couple of IMC ERROR messages
Source IMC, category Internal Processing, event 4117
An error was returned from the messaging software the Internet Mail Service
uses to process messages on the Microsoft Exchange Server.  As a result, the
message in spool file RX7B4QL9 failed to be delivered. The message has been
moved to the  IMCDATA\IN\ARCHIVE directory.
---------------------------------------
We had to reboot the server and it came up fine after that.

        This morning a WARNING showed up in the app log
Source MSExchangeIS Private, category (20), event 1077
"The description for Event ID ( 1077 ) in Source ( MSExchangeIS Private )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
The following information is part of the event....names of the recepients
with mailboxes that are over the set limits"

Antigen Version: 6.20.0838 (Licensed)
Antigen Service Release: Service Release 0
Exchange Version: 5.5
Exchange Service Pack: Service Pack 4 (it's actually 3 with post SP3
hotfixes)
Exchange IS Version: 5.5.2650.17
Exchange IMC Version: 5.5.2650.24
Computer Name:
Operating System: Windows NT Version 4.0, Build number 1381
Operating System Service Pack: Service Pack 6, RC 1.3
Processor: Intel Pentium Pro or Pentium II
Number of Processor(s): 2
Total Physical Memory: 2146832 KBytes
Available Physical Memory: 355872 KBytes
Temporary Directory Being Used: C:\WINNT40\
Available Space on Drive C:\   1646261 KBytes
Available Space on Drive E:\   669530 KBytes
Available Space on Drive F:\   694649 KBytes
Available Space on Drive G:\   11806363 KBytes
Available Space on Drive H:\   4072755 KBytes

-Michèle
Immigration site:  <http://LadySun1969.tripod.com>
Our new 2001 Miata:  <http://members.cardomain.com/bpituley>
Tiggercam:  <http://www.tiggercam.co.uk>