Hi

We have a single Site/Server setup currently, and are looking to add some
additional servers
to the site, to be based at remote offices.

Problem is, we cant get a successful installation. It always fails towards
the end with the following
message;

some replication operations were not completed. directories will be updated
during normal
replication updates....etc

Event viewer says;

Unexpected error <<0xc0040000 - Network problems are preventing connection
to the Microsoft
Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this
condition persists. MAPI
was unable to load the information service emsabp.dll. Be sure the service
is correctly installed
and configured. Microsoft Exchange Address Book ID no:
00040380-0000-00000000>> occurred.

I've run a search on the drives on the Exchange Server, and cant find that
file at all.

I've checked both the Directory and Directory Synch Services are running,
but none made a difference.

Name resolution is handled by WINS, and seems fine. I can ping back and
forwards between the
servers using their Netbios names and IP adds, I have tried the rpcpings
programme, and all seems
well, and I have checked the relevant technet documents relating to this
error.

I've had a similar errors on one installation, which instructed me to Check
Knowledge Consistency
on the Directory service, which said it found errors, and corrected them.

I've just applied SP3, which made no difference. A few weeks ago we were
forced to change the
admin password (which is also the service account password for exchange)
although we updated
all the services (but nothing else) and all seemed well. Exchange itself
seems to work fine.

I've considered using Exmerge off the reskit to export all the mailboxes top
PST, and start afresh,
but it keeps telling me it doesn't have permission to access the message
store (MSEMS)

I'm pretty sure Ive checked all the permissions tabs, and all seems well.

I'm getting kind of desperate now, and need some kind of solution, no matter
how long winded
it might seem, regarding re-installs etc.

Regards

Nik