Nope. Steve was right. The Master Category list is maintained in the user
portion of the Windows registry. If you use roaming profiles, it goes with
you.

The categories assigned to individual items, on the other hand, are part
of the data for each item.

Neither Outlook nor Exchange provides for central administration and
enforcement of a master category list that applies to all users.